Magnetic Lock Installation in Seattle
Seattle Locksmith Security offers a vast array of access control and electronic lock solutions. One of our favorite solutions is a magnetic lock (mag-lock) because of its simplicity and reliability. Mag locks do not have any moving parts; this reduces/eliminates wear and tear on the hardware. Compare this to a conventional lock which has over fifty moving pieces, and with time wears out because of repeated use. In retrofit situations, a mag lock is preferred to an electric strike because fitting an electric strike to a wood or metal frame requires significant modifications which in turns increases your cost of labor. Simply put, a mag lock is an excellent solution for a business or office space that requires securely buzzing in people throughout the day. The seamless operation of the lock significantly improves the movement of people entering and exiting your premises. Electromagnetic locks are fail-safe by design. This means if there is no power going to the device, the door unlocks which is exactly what you want in an emergency.
Magnetic Lock Solutions – How it works
An electronic magnetic lock consists of a coil assembly which becomes magnetized when an electric current passes through it. The magnetic field secures the door by bonding to a metal plate mounted on the door. When the power goes the device the mag lock is secured. To allow egress, a switch must be turned on, using the following most common methods:
1. Motion Sensor – Infrared beam detects approaching movement from the interior portion of the building allowing immediate egress without pressing anything.
2. Touch Bar – A mounted bar across the door which is activated by touch the moment a person pushes the bar which instantly drops the power to the maglock which allows immediate egress.
3. Request to Exit (REX) – A button, when pressed cuts off all power to the device in the event of any malfunction, typically this is required by fire code in many jurisdictions in the Seattle area.
4. Swipe Card – in back-door or side-door scenarios a card is needed to exit.
Magnetic Lock Solutions – Application
Mag locks are ideal in the following situations:
1. Glass doors that need electronic control access where there is no place to mount hardware.
2. Emergency exit or fire doors where the exit must be controlled.
3. Single and double-sided doors.
4. Secured retail location, a typical example is a jewelry shop.
5. Secured cabinets and drawers.
Magnetic Lock Solutions – Installation
Magnetic Lock Installation is limited to drilling holes in the frames which are both less intrusive and less labor-intensive. Seattle Locksmith Security has the experience and professionalism to help you install your mag lock. We are open seven days a week, call us today at (206) 823-2288, our security expert will do a complete Walk-Thru of your premises and help you build the right system for your needs and budget.